* Respect their need for privacy.
* Never embarrass them in public.
* Let them observe first in new situations.
* Give them time to think. Don't demand instant answers.
* Don't interrupt them.
* Give them advance notice of expected changes in their lives.
* Give them 15 minute warnings to finish whatever they are doing before calling them to dinner or moving on to the next activity.
* Reprimand them privately.
* Teach them new skills privately rather than in public.
*Enable them to find one best friend who has similar interests and abilities; encourage this friendship even if the friend moves away.
*Do not push them to make lots of friends.
* Respect their introversion. Don't try to remake them into extroverts.