To: All Household Team Members
From: Mom (CFO, Senior VP, Head of Maintenance)
Subject: Kitchen usage during Summer schedule
As I'm sure you are aware, due to our current summer schedule the staff kitchen is seeing much heavier traffic than usual. I feel it is necessary at this time to remind all crew members of the guidelines regarding kitchen usage.
1. The kitchen appliances (other than refrigerator} should only be used during designated meal times.
2. Designated (and reasonable) meal times, as determined by the management are as follows: Breakfast: 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. (to accommodate for differences in shift starting times.) Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Dinner: 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
3. Please try to coordinate your meals with your team members. (eg. if you would like to make macaroni and cheese, you might ask everyone else if they would like to share a box with you.) This will eliminate food waste, decrease water consumption, and alleviate dish pile-up in the sink.
4. Dishes used during meal preparation should be rinsed out and placed in the sink for further cleaning. Please do not leave dishes anywhere other than the sink. The desk, coffee table, arm of the couch and counter tops in any room are not "close enough" to the sink to count.
5. Likewise, the phrase "I'll get that in just one minute" should not be used as it relates to removal of dishes from aforementioned locations. A DVR has been provided for your convenience, therefore waiting for a commercial to rinse dishes should be unnecessary.
6. Furthermore, if you allow the dog to lick the remnants of food off of your dishes, the dishes are neither a) clean nor b) the dog's responsibility. You must still return these dishes to the sink for further cleaning.
7. If you are hungry at times other than designated meal times, you will find prepackaged snacks in the pantry. Perhaps you would also occasionally consider the fruit bin in the refrigerator as a reasonable source for snacks.
8. As dinner is often provided by the management at no cost to you, please check with the manager on duty before consuming anything after 4:00 p.m. to be advised of dinner's ETA.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. I feel that following these guidelines will result in a much happier and more pleasant workplace for all involved.