About Me

My photo
I was intentionally designed by a wonderful creator.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 3, 2008

My Baby Boy And Me


It's three AM, they're all asleep,
and no one's here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.

His little hand is feather light
Tucked up against my chin.
I hold his tiny hand in mine,
and stroke his baby skin.

The house about us creaks and groans,
The clock hands creep around.
He snuggles closer to me still,
And makes his baby sounds.

I love these quiet hours so much,
And cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart
For lonely nights to come.

All too soon he'll be grown up,
His need for mama gone.
But until then I still have time
For kisses and for song.

Time for quiet hours like this
With him cuddled in my arms,
Where I wish he'd always stay
Protected, safe and warm.

And yet I know the day will come
When his tiny little hand,
will be bigger than my own.
He'll grow to be a man.

But until then he's mine to love
With no one here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.
© Dusty Fulbright

6 comments:

Amber Land said...

Maybe I'm just emotional tonight but that made me cry.

Louise said...

Indeed, all too soon he will be grown. Hold him and hug him and kiss him as long as he'll let you ... then do it some more.
You're a good Mom Kelly.

Louise said...

Indeed, all too soon he will be grown. Hold him and hug him and kiss him as long as he'll let you ... then do it some more.
You're a good Mom Kelly.

Melissa said...

What a great poem, I felt those same things as if I wrote that poem. I love your blogs new look.

Trish said...

Enjoy those sweet moments...
pray he sleeps tonight after getting his shots today.

Sara said...

this may be the sweetest post i've ever read.