About Me

My photo
I was intentionally designed by a wonderful creator.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Plain Old Vanilla Life

I've been really trying to come up with an actual blog post and not just photos, but it's actually a whole lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I lead pretty much a plain old vanilla life. I do the same things everyday. Nothing really changes. (Except maybe my hair color...which is currently a strange blackish, burgundyish, purpley...not at all like the box claimed it to be) I get up in the morning, get ready, get 3 kids ready and out the door, drop 2 children off at school and 1 child at my mom's, head to work, yell at bratty kids and laugh with wonderful kids, pick up 1 child, head home, nap time for baby, read email and blogs, wait for 1 child to walk home from the bus, wait for 1 child to be dropped off by my sister, "does anyone have homework?", do homework (if there is any), cook dinner, serve dinner, eat cold dinner because the baby is always hungry when dinner is hot, bathe 3 children, everyone into jammies, read 3 different books to 3 different children (yes, I read to Elek, you can never start too early), put baby to bed (or in swing), clean up dinner mess, snuggle on couch with 2 children and watch a little tv, bedtime for 2 children, tuck them in, "goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite.", enjoy quiet for an hour or two, go to bed, repeat the next day and the next, the next, etc.

There are times when I get so sick of doing the same thing over and over. I want to do something crazy, like dye my hair purple, pierce my nose, have a rat as a pet and get a tattoo. (Hmmm...maybe I've already done a few of these things) Other times I like my plain old vanilla life. I honestly know it's where God made me to be. And I'm okay with that, just don't be surprised if I walk up to you with blue hair and tattoos!

On to the photos!

I give you A Boy and His Rat.
Didn't you know that every boy should have a rat?
Elek enjoying the Moby wrap.
Not sure why it looks like he can't move in it, because he can.
Ian's lip hickey from an orange juice bottle.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Not a plain ol' vanilla life, it's a perfect life. Raising your babies and teaching them to live for the Lord is why you my daughter were put here.
Elek looks like he's in a straight jacket! Funny!
Yes, she reads to Elek, he already has a book in his diaper bag!
You had better not have any tattoo's, your Daddy will CRY!

Amber Land said...

I have the same life. Pretty average. Love the Moby Wrap. I also read to Hudsyn. I was just telling Chad I read about a dozen books a day. I want them all to have a love for reading.

Melissa said...

I always enjoy your posts Vanilla or LimeRicky with a twist of whiskey which-ever, your real. I think you should dye your hair blue.