About Me

My photo
I was intentionally designed by a wonderful creator.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Today I Am Thankful For...

My husband who puts up with my lunacy. It takes a very patient person to deal with me and he is one of them. For the fact that he goes to work everyday without complaining in order to provide for us. Who knows it's what he's supposed to do and just does it. And tells me I'm gorgeous even when I don't believe him. For being one of the best dads I know.

my Maddy Beth, who is scary smart. Who hardly has to study and makes straight A's. She is one of the smartest people I know and she's only 11. For her being one of those people who are good at pretty much everything they attempt. For her easy smile. The fact that she's a loyal friend. For her wild bed head.

the Eman. My boy that always keeps me on my toes. Always keeps me guessing at what he's going to do next. That he loves school. He always tries his best at everything that he does and that his teacher even notices it. His love of Jesus. He knows that He's always there and that He'll never leave him. Of his ability to remind me of that fact. That he loves his sister and brother more than anything, even when they don't want to be bothered with him.

my tiny unexpected joy, Elek. Who's smile lights up my day. For his constant happiness. His laughter that fills the room. For those gorgeous blue eyes that remind me that everything is all right in the world.

I'm thankful for my parents who's faith in me has never wavered. For teaching me "That God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 2:7 For my Grandma's bible that has the same passage highlighted and underlined to remind me of it too. For my parents for going to every parent teacher conferences that I had, even in high school and no one else's parents went. For being the best grandparents that my kids could ask for. That they never once have moaned or groaned when I've asked them to watch them or pick them up from school. For never giving up on me, even though I'm sure that they probably wanted to a million times.

For my Grandma, whom I miss more than I thought was possible. For the fact that I still feel her love for me. For the most unconditional love that I could ask for. My Papa that always called me baby, even when I had babies of my own. For the most unconditional love that I could ask for. For my Grandpa, who was always pretty grouchy with everyone else, but was never grouchy with me. Who was always willing to toboggan behind his house with me. For my Granny, who has always had my favorite green beans waiting for me. For her warmth, her welcome. That I've been able to sit with her for hours and hold her hand. That she loves me.

I'm thankful for my job working with kids that always make me laugh and make me crazy. That they call me Miss Kelly. How they tell me that I am their best friend. For all the hugs around the waist. And all the picture they make me that hang on my fridge.

For a Savior who's mercy never ends. Who loves me regardless of who I am or what I do.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Thank you darling Daughter...
Mama loves you!!!